How big is your Corona (COVID-19) risk?
With this test you can immediately check if:
you could potentially be at risk to be infected,
what the next steps should be and
how to prevent an infection
BASED ON WHO'S GUIDELINES
TEST YOURSELF IN JUST 2 MINUTES
FREE OF CHARGE
THESE QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ASKED BY PEOPLE IN LAST DAYS:
Frequently asked questions
HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS?
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water or an alcohol-based disinfectant.
- Do not cough or sneeze in your hands, but in the crooks of your arms or in an unused handkerchief.
- Avoid direct contact with sick people.
How contagious is CORONA?
- It is known that the virus spreads through droplet infection - for example when coughing and speaking. Excretions (urine, stool) and body fluids (blood, etc.) can also be infectious.
- The incubation period - the time between infection and the onset of symptoms - is 2 to 14 days.
IS THERE A MEDICINE?
There is no vaccine yet. Treatment is symptomatic, by alleviating symptoms – e.g. by taking antipyretic agents.
WHICH DEMOGRAPHIC IS AT A HIGHER RISK?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Center for Disease Control (ECDC), the following groups of people have the highest risk of developing a serious illness from SARS-CoV-2:
- People over the age of 60
- People with underlying conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, chronic respiratory diseases and cancer
Pregnant women have no higher risk with the novel coronavirus, and there is no evidence that the virus is transmitted to the unborn child. Only at birth could an infected mother could transmit the virus to the baby.
DO I HAVE TO PAY A TEST FOR CORONAVIRUS?
If there is a reasonable suspicion of an infection with the Corona Virus, the costs of the testing will be borne.
WHAT DOES QUARANTINE MEAN?
Quarantine means that people with a positive test result or who have had contact with an infected person are "separated" for 14 days by a decision from the medical officer (health authority). In severe cases this can be a hospital, in mild symptoms these people can also spend a "home quarantine" at home.
IMPORTANT: Quarantined people are not allowed to leave the apartment or receive private visits.
The responsible medical officer (health authority) takes over the registration and takes up the telephone number, email, place of work and living conditions and informs the people concerned about the clinical picture, the course of the disease and transmission risks, how they can monitor themselves and how they should behave at home. People in home quarantine should measure fever twice a day.
Corona-Checker.com self-testing cannot replace a doctor’s diagnosis and only serves as a guide. This test is based on data from WHO and the ministries of health. If there is an acute suspicion of infection, please consult your responsible health organization.